Getting Started

Welcome to The Sevey family blog. It seems that I need to keep up with my sisters and share about our family so here is our new adventure. I hope you all enjoy this from here and abroad. Lord Jesus, may you receive the glory and honor and praise for what You alone have done in our family and all that you have promised to continue to do.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our 9th Anniversary


Its been 9 years since I laid eyes on my handsome husband. Both of us were non-believers in desperate need of a savior. God has blessed us and been oh so good to us. Like most marriages we have experienced lots of challenges and lots of changes. The biggest change is Dave and I both have experienced God's grace and mercy in our lives. What a gift to know the Lord Jesus Christ. Our marriage is far beyond anything we could have ever imagine. All because Jesus is at the center of it all. He has restored us to himself and to each other.

Today we spent the day together in Prescott Az. The weather was cold, a bit rainy at times and a mere 48 degrees. We walked the streets downtown and wandered into shops and even found a starbucks to warm us up. We ate lunch at a cute little Italian bistro and by the time we were finished with lunch the rain stopped. I bought 2 hats and some gloves and we came across a candy shop too. Chocolate is a girl's best friend! Thanks to my beautiful sister and her hubby we were childless. We returned around 6 and we invited to join them dinner. I have been given my soul mate straight from the hand of God. Dave is the perfect man for me and somehow I am the perfect wife for him. I look forward to the next 9 years with you, babe. Happy Anniversary.




2 comments:

tara said...

What a testimony to God's saving grace you two are!

Happy Anniversary!

encourager4god said...

You both are awesome people of God and Shawn and I love you and appreicate you so very much you are wonderful you really truly are. You have an awesome marraige before you know it you will be married 14 years like us:) We will be celebrating 15 years of being married in October and September we will know eachother 19 years. God is awesome and worthy to be praised Jen a.k.a encourager4god