Getting Started

Welcome to The Sevey family blog. It seems that I need to keep up with my sisters and share about our family so here is our new adventure. I hope you all enjoy this from here and abroad. Lord Jesus, may you receive the glory and honor and praise for what You alone have done in our family and all that you have promised to continue to do.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Life 101/102

Well as some of you know, Dave and my passion is to share the gospel with the lost and see God change lives. Our church, Sovereign Grace, has an amazing evangelism outreach that we participate in all year long. Life 101 and Life 102. It is the highlight of our Christain life.101 is a 6 week class that provides a really fantastic dinner each week and then a time of teaching about the gospel. Who this Jesus is that has come to change our lives and why we desire for others to know Him too. After dinner and teaching we have table discussions for about 30 minutes and we work our way through the book of John in the Bible. With the power of the Holy Spirit leading us we try to answer questions from folks who may have never heard the truth of God's word before. It is amazing for Dave and I to see the lights come on for people and the power of God's unending grace and mercy on those who would otherwise perish left to themselves and their sin. Sin separates us from access to the Holy God of creation. We are condemned and without any hope without Jesus paying the price for our sinfulness. But God in His mercy and kindness leads us to repentance and faith in Him by simply putting our trust in who he says he is and what He has done on our behalf. We are blind to our sinful state without the intervention of Jesus. Each time we have the privilege of leading a table in Life 101, we are amazed all over again at the power of God. The same God who created the very world we live in is the same God who raised Jesus from the dead and the same God who has opened a blind woman and blind man eyes such Dave and I to see. To hear. To walk in the ways of the Lord. We have the blessing of seeing hearts that were hard, now soft, ears that couldn't hear, now hear. Old desires of sinful living now desire to glorify God. This has been an amazing journey as God has completely changed the people Dave and I were when wee married to people who desire to obey the Lord and tell everyone about his kindness and give people a hope that they never knew. These 2 ladies in this picture are evidences of such grace. My dear friends Dawn and Shania. Both came to 101 and 102 and have Hope followed by change and promises that will never fail. The hole that once was indwelling in now indwelt by another. One for a while now and the other just beginning. Jesus, thank you for first loving me and lavishing your kindness on me when I am the least of those who is deserving. I deserve nothing but you freely give me, YOU and life both before I die and after. I was born twice but I shall only die once. I live for that day, today.

No comments: