Getting Started

Welcome to The Sevey family blog. It seems that I need to keep up with my sisters and share about our family so here is our new adventure. I hope you all enjoy this from here and abroad. Lord Jesus, may you receive the glory and honor and praise for what You alone have done in our family and all that you have promised to continue to do.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's a Picnic!

Last week on Veteren's day Madison was out of school. I was at work but Dave was off too. Maddie called me at work about 1pm and asked me if I could come home early because she had made a picnic lunch and wanted to take me and dad to the park and spend some time together. I was very moved at the gesture, her sweet spirit, gentle heart and her desire to be with her parents so I came home. She had our lunch made and had all the necessary ingredients for a yummy lunch. She made ham and cheese sandwiches, a bag of grapes a few yogurts and even threw in some bread for the ducks. She found a real picnic basket a while ago at a yard sale and has been dying to use it. So we grabbed some wateers and were out the door. We headed to Freestone park and we had a great time with her. She is growing up so fast. She is the baby and in a way it sadens us to see our last child growing up. Madison has a heart of gold. She desires to honor her mom and dad and obey our instuction for her and loves Jesus. She is sensitive and cherishes every moment she can with us. Her time with her daddy before bed is precious to her. She wouldn't know what to do if she didn't fall asleep next to him every night. She geniunly cares for others and seeks to honor the Lord and is convicted of her sin and seeks repentance when needed. We are so proud of her and enjoy watching how God shows his mercy and love in her life. Maddie, thank you for a fantastic and memorable day and your loving heart towards mom and dad. You are a blessing.

No comments: