Getting Started

Welcome to The Sevey family blog. It seems that I need to keep up with my sisters and share about our family so here is our new adventure. I hope you all enjoy this from here and abroad. Lord Jesus, may you receive the glory and honor and praise for what You alone have done in our family and all that you have promised to continue to do.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another email from Jordan 7/26/08

Momma,

Modzuko Boinz
Aka Good Morning :)

Yeah actually we shared the gospel to a few young men we got close to, (Jordan is responding to my email to him.) who worked at the hotel. They taught us somethings about Malawi and we shared somethings about America.. So one night I asked Malingamor if he wanted to come over to the room and play kwol "its a board game they play here".. and everyone knows how to play, they taught us... So we asked him if he believed in God and he said yes but he goes to a 7th Day Adventist church om the w/e so we got to talk to him for like 4 hours.. Straight bible so it was very good. We planted a few seeds and the next day asked him about it and said we had been praying for him.. And left him with a bible and some Tracts in Chachwa.. He was very excited.. And of course everyone we give money too like the people who have Polio on the streets, we try to talk with them!! They love it... They want to talk about God here But no one is here too do it and the one who are scared and want to stay in there bubble.. But it has been a Blessing here.

Brother Anger leaves today.. So sad, he is a great man.. Who needs prayer for heath and for Finances.. He has been a blessing to be around.. Just some one who gives up so much to serve God in all he can it amazing.. I love him..

So today we are going to brother Fullfords house in Limbe, the neighboring town of Blantyre.. He is starting another orphanage some where in Malawi so we are going to help him build it..
But he is at Monkey bay for the week so we are going to stay at the Orphanage :) for a night I think.. The kids are already excited.. They say!

Yes I have them.. (I asked him if he still had his new retainers for his teeth) I am trying to wear them 24/7 but its hard..

Nothing major has happened yet.. Well Aaron lost his fanny pack with his Passport... (oh my goodness)

So he might just stay here and be an orphan>>>haha. I reminded him it might be in one of the bags we packed last night!! He is just praying its in there...

Love you mom
Talk to you soon..
Jordan
xoxo

(this is me speaking now)
I am so filled with joy for Jordan and the boys to be able to experience this amazing opportunity. I can feel the emotions in the words he tells and the broken heart for these people. Pastor Bosley told me on the phone this morning that the boys called the other day want to being all the kids back to the ranch with them:) how sweet is that. God is growing Jordan in humbleness and Thanksgiving. He is seeing how good he really has it and has a heart to serve these people and see them hear about Jesus. I am looking forward to hearing all of his stories and seeing lots and lots of pictures. Thank you for continued prayers for saved souls and for protection safety and health for the boys. We serve a great and powerful and loving God. Dont we?

No comments: