Getting Started

Welcome to The Sevey family blog. It seems that I need to keep up with my sisters and share about our family so here is our new adventure. I hope you all enjoy this from here and abroad. Lord Jesus, may you receive the glory and honor and praise for what You alone have done in our family and all that you have promised to continue to do.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jordan update

I had not heard from Jordan in a week or so and was getting anxious to hear something and on Saturday morning he emailed. It was only about a sentence or 2 long but he said he didn't have time to write as they were just passing through town and he simply said, "I'm fine, all is well, don't worry ma" He did mention that the gas out there is $25.00 a gallon. That was not a typo. $25.00 a gal!! I guess they don't go very far huh? Anyways, as long as I hear something once in a while I'm relieved. This has been a good thing for me to have to completely rely on the Lord and trust him with our son. When I get anxious I ask myself what am I fearing or what am I seeking. And it is usually that I am not getting what I want. So a good check for me on trusting God and trying to be self sufficient. Which always fails. God alone can and will fulfill his plan with Jordan not matter what that may be. HE will complete what he has begun in all our lives as believers we can trust Him and his promises. The message today at church was intense and true. What do we fear? What are we seeking when we are in fear? I thought today was very thought provoking and heart convicting. Good message for us to study and apply. We all need to be in the shadow of the cross daily and find grace and mercy and God's unending love for us. He desires for us to grow in him and become more like Him on a daily basis. I have been slacking in this area and have committed to pursue my savior as he has pursued me. I want my fears to be cast on him and not on me. I hope you all were impacted by Rich's message today. If we don't apply what we hear we can't grow as the Lord wants us to. We serve and love an amazing God. Who never turns from us and never fails us, who always forgives and extends grace time and time again. What a loving God. I am grateful to Him alone who is able to save and has and will.

1 comment:

"Summershine" said...

Tracy, that was an awesome post. It was an awesome message. We seem to constantly forget that we need to completely put our lives in God's hands, and not fear anything. Your words were encouraging and uplifting! Thank you for your example in following our amazing Savior.